Why Should I Join Student Government?
Student Government is a great way to become involved on campus and in the community. You can help shape school policies and provide needed services to fellow students and the community. Additionally, we have a lot of fun, and it is a great way to get involved! Students involved in student organizations tend to do better in school – It’s a fact!
What do I have to do in Student Government?
All Student Government members upon winning their seat in Student Government Elections will be expected, regardless of position, to:
- Attend all weekly SG meetings on Thursdays at 12:30-1:30 in 128 HB.
- Attend any special SG meetings as called by the SG President.
- Hold a weekly office hour. The SG office is located on the 2nd floor of the Falcon Center next to Conference Services.
- Volunteer for various SG sponsored events and community service initiatives.
- Serve on campus committees as appointed by the SG President.
- Regularly check Email and Student Government Facebook and Twitter for important communications.
- Attend a SG Fall & Spring Retreat & trainings.
- Should be professional, responsible, reliable, articulate, and able to reach out to students to bring a student perspective where is needed.
*Extreme violation of institutional policies (local, state, federal law) may constitute removal from office or candidacy.