Why Should I Join Student Government?
Student Government is a great way to become involved on campus and in the community. You can help shape school policies and provide needed services to fellow students and the community. Additionally, we have a lot of fun, and it is a great way to get involved! Students involved in student organizations tend to do better in school – It’s a fact!
What do I have to do in Student Government?
All Student Government members upon winning their seat in Student Government Elections will be expected, regardless of position, to:
- Attend all weekly SG meetings on Thursdays at 12:30-1:30 in 128 HB.
- Attend any special SG meetings as called by the SG President.
- Hold a weekly office hour. The SG office is located on the 2nd floor of the Falcon Center next to Conference Services.
- Volunteer for various SG sponsored events and community service initiatives.
- Serve on campus committees as appointed by the SG President.
- Regularly check Email and Student Government Facebook and Twitter for important communications.
- Attend a SG Fall & Spring Retreat & trainings.
- Should be professional, responsible, reliable, articulate, and able to reach out to students to bring a student perspective where is needed.
*Extreme violation of institutional policies (local, state, federal law) may constitute removal from office or candidacy.
"Movie with a Veteran"
A free family night for those who served and the community that supports them.
All are welcome, and we encourgage participants to donate personal hygiene products and winter clothing items to bennefit the Louis A. Johnson VA Medical Center.
November 15th, 2013 Falcon Center Conference Rooms @ 7pm