The Counseling Center offers high quality counseling services to Fairmont State's undergraduate and graduate students. Psychological, emotional, and mental well-being are important contributors to academic success, personal growth, and responsible citizenship. Students can obtain assistance with a variety of issues that affect their cognitive, intra- and inter-personal, emotional, spiritual, and academic development through individual counseling, group counseling, training, consultation, and referral services.
The primary mission of Counseling is to assist Fairmont State students in defining and accomplishing personal, academic, and career goals. To accomplish the mission, Counseling Services strive for high quality provision of:
· Individual and group counseling services to students who may be experiencing psychological, behavioral, or learning difficulties.
· Programming focused on the developmental needs of students to maximize their potential to benefit from the academic environment and experience.
· Consultative services to the institution to help foster an environment supportive of the intellectual, emotional, spiritual, and physical development of students.
· Advocacy for a healthy and diverse learning community.
· Assessment services to identify and address student needs through appropriate services and referrals.
· Crisis response, including threat assessment.