As a good neighbor, Fairmont State University wants to reward students who live outside of West Virginia for the hard work they have done in high school.
As a high school senior at the top of your class with a good ACT/SAT score, you know what it takes to succeed. A degree from FSU can boost you to your next step – whether that is a career or graduate school.
FSU prides itself on offering a wide variety of high quality academic programs at an affordable cost. The Out-of-State Neighbors Scholarship gives high achieving students, like you, the opportunity to reduce your tuition cost even more.
Scholarship recipients receive $1,500 per year applied to tuition and fees. The scholarship is renewable for three years for those who maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative college GPA.
Scholarship funds are limited, so apply today.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
- Be a first-time freshman.
- Be a U.S. citizen.
- Live outside of West Virginia.
- Complete your FSU admissions file (general application, high school transcript, test scores).
- If you meet these requirements, our staff will combine your ACT or SAT score with your GPA to confirm that you qualify as a high achieving student.
- You seek state-of-the-art facilities.
- You’re interested in unique programs.
- You want flexible options that allow you to choose the best path to your educational goals.
- You dream about seeing the world and opportunities to study abroad.
- You learn best from expert, caring faculty.
- You’d like to have personal attention from your academic adviser.
- You believe in giving back through community service.
- You know learning happens inside and outside of the classroom.
- You’ll find a campus that’s large enough to offer lots to do but small enough to keep you from getting lost in the crowd.