As a good neighbor, Fairmont State University wants to reward students who live outside of West Virginia for the hard work they have done in high school.
As a high school senior at the top of your class with a good ACT/SAT score, you know what it takes to succeed. A degree from FSU can boost you to your next step – whether that is a career or graduate school.
FSU prides itself on offering a wide variety of high quality academic programs at an affordable cost. The Out-of-State Neighbors Scholarship gives high achieving students, like you, the opportunity to reduce your tuition cost even more.
Scholarship recipients receive $1,500 per year applied to tuition and fees. The scholarship is renewable for three years for those who maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative college GPA.
Scholarship funds are limited, so apply today.
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this scholarship, you must:
• Be a first-time freshman.
• Be a U.S. citizen.
• Live outside of West Virginia.
• Complete your FSU admissions file (general application, high school transcript, test scores).
If you meet these requirements, our staff will combine your ACT or SAT score with your GPA to confirm that you qualify as a high achieving student.
• You seek state-of-the-art facilities.
• You’re interested in unique programs.
• You want flexible options that allow you to choose the best path to your educational goals.
• You dream about seeing the world and opportunities to study abroad.
• You learn best from expert, caring faculty.
• You’d like to have personal attention from your academic adviser.
• You believe in giving back through community service.
• You know learning happens inside and outside of the classroom.
• You’ll find a campus that’s large enough to offer lots to do but small enough to keep you from getting lost in the crowd.
Out-of-State Neighbors Scholarship Flyer (PDF)