Welcome to Fairmont State University Financial Aid Office!
It is the mission of the Fairmont State University Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to assist students achieve their educational goals by promoting scholarships, grants, Federal Work Study, and loans. We understand that these opportunities are needed to make college a reality for many students. We aim to educate, assist, and inform students about the financial aid resources available to them in a student friendly atmosphere.
Financial assistance in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study is available to full and part-time students who qualify. Approximately 80% of the students at Fairmont State University receive some type of financial assistance, totaling approximately $36 million.
2017-18 FAFSA Filing Begins October 1, 2016
Have you completed a FAFSA in the past and remember waiting until January 1 in order to start the process? Do you recall not being able to complete your FAFSA because you had not completed your taxes?
Starting this fall students will be able to file for aid beginning October 1, a full 3 months earlier than previously allowed
For the first time, applicants will use prior-prior year tax information when reporting personal and family income, currently, the FAFSA uses the previous year's tax information.
Important information you need to know.
- Complete the FAFSA using 2015 tax information.
- Complete your FAFSA as soon as possible after October 1.
- The institutional deadlines have not changed.
- The state deadlines have not changed.
- First Time Freshman beginning Fall 2017 will begin receiving award packages in November as long as they have been admitted to Fairmont State University and their FAFSA is complete.