Welcome to Fairmont State University Financial Aid Office!
It is the mission of the Fairmont State University Financial Aid and Scholarship Office to assist students achieve their educational goals by promoting scholarships, grants, Federal Work Study, and loans. We understand that these opportunities are needed to make college a reality for many students. We aim to educate, assist, and inform students about the financial aid resources available to them in a student friendly atmosphere.
Financial assistance in the form of scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study is available to full and part-time students who qualify. Approximately 80% of the students at Fairmont State University receive some type of financial assistance, totaling approximately $36 million.
Is your Spring Financial Aid ready to pay?
Financial Aid Disbursement Checklist:
- Are all outstanding requirements completed? (check out FELiX)
- Have you accepted your financial aid awards?
- Are you enrolled? Must be full-time for certain aid programs.
- Are you meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress? (check out FELiX)
- Have you completed Entrance Counseling for your loan? (studentloans.gov)
- Have you completed a Master Promissory Note for your loan? (studentloans.gov)
- Are your parents applying for a Parent Loan? (application is available on-line at studentloans.gov)