In the event of a major utility failure, call the Physical Plant at (304) 367-4110 if between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. At all other times, or if unable to reach Physical Plant, contact Campus Police at (304) 367-4357.
- Remain calm; move cautiously to a lighted area.
- Turn off and unplug computers and other voltage-sensitive equipment.
- Provide assistance to others if necessary.
- Evacuate the building if the fire alarm sounds or upon notification by authorized emergency personnel.
- In laboratory buildings. Fume hoods do not operate during power outage and most laboratories should not be used until the ventilation is properly restored.
GAS LEAK/UNUSUAL ODORS:
- Cease all operations immediately.
- Do not use cell phones or other electronic equipment.
- Do not switch lights on or off.
- Evacuate as soon as possible.
- Cease using all electrical equipment.
- Avoid contact with the water.
- Evacuate the building.