This type of incident is unpredictable, and your immediate response depends on the situation you encounter.
If it is possible to do so SAFELY, exit the building immediately, moving away from the immediate path of danger, and take the following steps:
Call 911 or (304) 367-4357 if you can.
- Evacuate to a safe area away from the danger and take protective cover; notify anyone you may encounter. Keep hands visible at all times.
If not safe to evacuate, go to the nearest room.
- Close and lock the door.
- Turn off the lights.
- Stay away from doors and windows.
- Keep quiet.
- Stay there until assistance arrives.
- If unable to evacuate or seek a secured location, fight with everything you have in order to save your life.
- Individuals not in harm’s way are to take protective cover, staying away from windows and doors until notified otherwise.