ALL BOMB THREATS ARE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY. NOTIFY CAMPUS POLICE AT (304) 367-4357 IMMEDIATELY.
- Call from another location or emergency call box. (DO NOT use a cell phone or other communication device.)
- Remain calm.
- Do not operate any light or power switches.
If you receive a bomb threat by telephone, remain calm, write down the caller’s exact words and note the time of the call. Check for caller ID information. Listen for background noises. Ask the caller:
- When is the bomb going to explode?
- Where is the bomb?
- What does it look like?
- What kind of bomb is it?
- What will cause it to explode?
- Did you place the bomb?
- What is your name and address?
If you receive a bomb threat in written form:
- Notify Campus Police at (304) 367-4357 immediately. (DO NOT use radios, pagers or cell phones as they can trigger an explosive device.)
- Do a quick visual inspection of your area. Do not touch or move any suspicious objects.
- If you are told to evacuate the area by authorized emergency personnel, take your notes about the call with you.
- Follow your unit’s evacuation procedures which are: